Staff Member – Job Placement Opportunities for Tus Eligible Candidates.
Role Overview – The staff member role is vitally important to the successful running of the school. Staff members are role models for the children, and their primary purpose should be to demonstrate how to live in a democratic community, pursue learning, be engaged in meaningful activities, show respect for others, honour one’s own limits, and share space. The nature of the role is that of “space holder”, as in staff members are responsible for upholding the principles of democracy, respect, freedom, engaged industry, while creating the environment for the children. The staff member will work primarily with other staff members, with the children members of the community, and will also have contact with parents, members of the general public, and others.
The successful candidate will have:
- Respect for children
- A sincere and genuine interest in the wellbeing and education of children
- Respect for democratic process
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- A high level of competency in a specialised area
- Willingness to share skills and knowledge in their specialised area if required
- Proficiency in English language, written and spoken.
- Skills / Knowledge Preferred
(all are not necessary but any of these listed would be desirable)
- Physical Fitness (Football / Basketball / Martial Arts / Gymnastics / Dance etc.)
- Nature and Environment (Bushcraft / Natural Sciences / Biodiversity / Environment)
- Creative Arts (Theatre / Film / Photography / Art / Music / Writing)
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths
- Technology (Coding / IT Computer skills / Graphic Design)
- Administration (Librarian / Office Skills / Bookkeeping)
- Grounds and Building Maintenance (Gardening /Maintenance/Caretaker)
Hours contracted are 19.5 hours per week.
ONLY TUS ELIGIBLE CANDIDATES CAN BE CONSIDERED.
These posts will be subject to Garda Vetting
For a complete job description and conditions, or to receive an application form please email email@example.com with a copy of your CV.
Closing date for application is 3pm Friday 16th August 2019
Shortlisting may apply